Thursday, April 14, 2011

When Good Things Go Bad

     Ah, spring is in the air.  It looks like TCY is smelling it also.  He's on a roll and I don't see anything stopping him this week except that it is Tuesday and I have heard him say already, "I am fresh out of give a shit!"

When Good Things Go Bad.

I'm sure this has happened to everyone. Have you ever looked at some women/man (for the female readers) and from the back view you have already committed your mind into instant infatuation, only to find when they turned around you had a hard time keeping your gag reflex from activating?  Or, again you see someone who just at a glance really appeals to you, so you approach said person for initial conversation only to find that their voice was enough to make you wish you were deaf?  In fact you can feel your face distorting as they talk. Well some will say I'm a little slow on the uptake.  I have been with a woman (I use the term only to be gender correct) for over 27 years and as I sat looking over my deck wondering if the jump would kill me or just hurt a hell of a lot, the thought came to me that this very thing had happened somewhere along the line. She still looks good especially from behind, the problem is she always wants to face me and talk. When I say talk I mean SCREAM at the top of her lungs. Good Things Gone Bad.

     What's better than a cold beer at the end of a hard day of work? If every swallow tasted as good as the first one I think I would be a drunk. Which by the way is the second good thing gone bad.  Have you ever had dealings with a drunk, not a fun experience. Ok let me define this a little better. A friend getting drunk on a Friday night and you have to take care of them is not fun. Living with one will make you want to take a job as a traveling salesman. Living with 2 drunks will have you looking over your deck wondering if it's high enough to do the job. My brother in-law is an all day, everyday drunk that never believes he's drunk; he also so far is living with me.  His drink of choice is Natural Ice beer. Yes he is definitely a man of taste and means. This weekend I was working on my car and this human brewery walked up beside me and at that very time a gentle breeze blew across the front of that car and my nostrils were filled with the smell of a cheap beer and 2-day-old sweat. If you’re now wondering to yourself who's the 2nd drunk, let me refer you back to the last sentence of the 1st paragraph. Why do you think she's screaming?  RIGHT...Drunks are a lot like bill collectors; once they hook up with you they are very hard to get rid of. Change your phone number and address and eventually they'll find you. I told my brother in-law to get out once knowing that no one would take him in, I offered to take him to a local bridge to live under. After all this is where people like him live right?  Well after a day and a half the cops brought him back to my house asking me if, and I quote “did you leave this under the bridge”. I guess I'm lucky I didn't get a ticket for illegally dumping. Good Things Gone Bad. 
I'm really not sure where I'm going with all this except to say to each of you, good things do go bad. It's not something that can be avoided in most cases, it’s just something that has to be dealt with. In the case of the drunkard brother in-law, my plan is whenever his being drunk bothers me I will get drunker than him. Now that's a personal challenge, if you all knew the height I just set the bar at you would be very impressed with my lofty goal. Hell if I can indeed get drunker than him I might not need the deck to finish things off.
Now the Old Lady presents a different problem.  My plan to deal with that "good things gone bad" issue is...I'm gonna start looking for a new good thing.
Damn it man!  Life’s short, Have Fun When You Can For As Long As You Can. You just have to remember the trucker’s 50 mile rule. Never have "Fun" within 50 miles of where you live.

Fight back
TCY


I think this is TCY's Brother-In-Law - Natural Ice-Man.
    Ya know what.  I started thinking about it and when something is too good and you don't realize it; as soon as  you start to realize that it is actually too good, BAM...Good Things Go Bad.  Here is my example and I regret it ever since it first popped into my peabrain head.  A few years ago, I was working, let's say where I am not today.  I had my own office, my own personal fridge where I didn't have to worry about driver's, err I mean other people stealing my food, I could play the music as loud as I wanted and whatever I wanted and I only worked 8 hours a day with a lunch!  I was wanting more and something different.  Well, as soon as I realized that I had it made, BAM!!!!  Good Things Gone Bad.  I now work in a bigger, dirtier, cluttery'er, hot air from the A/C vent, no window to let the sun shine in, brick shit house of an office.  Where during the span of a 24 hr period, at least 30 to 40 different people come and go at least once, some even linger...you know who you are!  There is a universal fridge where the motto is like a roach motel, Once it goes in, you'll never know who will be takin it out.  Music, forget about it!  Either talk radio for some people <cough> <cough>, or classic rock because it's the only damn station that comes in.   And I don't mean the good classic rock, I mean where in an 8 hour period you here STYX's "LADY" 15 friggin times. And an 8 hour work day, HA!!!  I have taken half days that lasted more than 8 hours.  And don't get me started about taking a lunch break because if you do, you had better have your phone with you to answer, with a mouth full of food, "Hello this is Iceman Ogre, how can I help you?"  because it will ring at least twice.
     You dream the grass is greener on the other side but I say nah nah.  That is just the neighbor spraying it with green paint to get you to come over. Once you are there and it rains, you find out the grass is actually crabgrass and it is brittle and brown!   The purpose of my rant is this: enjoy what you have, while you have it before the neighbor tricks you onto his side of the property line, then you are in a cage in his basement and you are being referred to as "The Gimp" by your neighbor and his male friend "friend". 

No comments: