Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sweet Welfare Reliefe - Public Answer to Questionable Gentleman.

Be careful what you ask for.  I have been asked by TCY to create a new post just for his response.

I appreciate your viewing of our blog. surprising enough we do continue to survive and add readers daily.
In answer to your question ( see comments) Sir. The name of the blog is the CRANKEE Yankee, not the kind, soft hearted, understanding Yankee. Get with the program.
The intent of this blog is to use humor to point out societies problems, not to give the poor a big group hug and ask them if they need any help to become even more pathetic.
That being said, FOOD STAMPS what a filthy word. Do you even understand what the need for food stamps says about the people who live in this great country? It means that we as a people have handed over to the government the responsibility to care for those of us you from time to time need a little help to get over a hump.It should be every citizens responsibility to make sure his neighbors have food and shelter if they are truly in need.
Did our forefathers let people starve in the streets? NO!! Churches took care of their people, they take up collections for the poor. the BIG difference is there was accountability. Yes the missing piece of the puzzle. Those who where getting help had to be accountable to those who were doing the helping. Not taking advantage as they sit on their fattening asses as they do today. If we as a people would not have handed over the duty of doing good deeds for the poor, there would not be as many poor as there is now.
As far as not wanting to be like me...... Bite me Bitch!!! nobody is like me!  As you yourself said. I am the great and powerful Crankee and you sir have been CORRECTED!!
Fight back
TCY

3 comments:

The Questionable Gentleman said...

I first have to say that I am honored to get such a response that it gets its own post. I guess I must have really struck a nerve. Being poor is not being pathetic. Being poor is just that, poor. According to our good friends at Webster.com, poor is defined as, "lacking the normal supply of something." The poor we are talking about is lacking money. Are people who are poor beneath you or I? Of course not. I think once people are so far distant from the norm, they act differently. Yes, you had an experience with some poor people who acted differently than you in public. Have you ever had to interact with people on the other side of the spectrum, meaning really non poor people? They act the same way, different than you or I. Just like those Housewives of"insert city here", they are so in excess of money from the normal, that the way they act seem normal to them. Fuck, if I actually ran into some of them, I would have had the urge to slap them the same way you had the urge to verbally slap those people at the Redbox!
We are the normal. Yes, you are part of the normal society. But those that are way below and above see it as they are the norm. It is all a matter or how you perceive yourself. And I say good-day.

Anonymous said...

Some people are a real pain in the ass, and you can bet yrs that I agree there is ample "ABUSE" regarding the 'social safety nets' that we as a society have graciously put in place ! While I DO believe in these types of programs, I DO believe we need better 'policeing' before society suffers a total collapse. Take care of people who have a desparate need, help them to get on their feet, but don't have me pay for 'sneakers' I can't afford to wear or Filet Mignon when I'm eating Hamburger Helper ! You hit the truth too many times to stop now, we NEED someone to vocalize thei nonsense. Keep up the good work !!!

Iceman Ogre said...

Wow, we have just been told to keep up the good work!!! Good. Thank you Mr. or Mrs. Anonymous.
I think that the programs that are in place are great for the people who actually need them, but not for the ones who rely on them and don't try to get to a better place. And especially the Fuckers who use and abuse the programs. I think that if you get caught abusing the system, you are BANNED from it...forever!