Thursday, September 8, 2011

Smoking Just Might Save Your Life


     It has been a while since the last post.  TCY has been busy and I have been busy.  But the day has come, I knew it would, when TCY could not hold it back and spew from his orafice something that would get this rolling again.  Of course, the one thing that he and I completely disagree on is the subject.  SMOKING!  Most of my friends seem to be of the smoking persuasion.  Yes, it is nasty, disgusting, expensive and smells but I have to deal with it at work and home, so I guess i have to deal with it right? Wrong!  Ask people who know me, I am that annoying person who is against smoking and oh so happy about the rules that are in place.  No smoking n hospitals, no smoking on campus, no smoking in restaurants, no smoking at church camp(yeah, you two know who I am talking about).  Before i get started on my rant, let me allow TCY to start on his.
     TCY says. . .
I have had about all I can take with this, “Cigarettes are BSD for you bull!” Every time you turn on the radio or TV you hear the crybaby people speaking of the evils of cigarettes.  If they are so damn bad why doesn’t the imperial government of the US out law them? This is the same government that outlawed lawn darts and the 3 wheel ATV because “too many people are getting hurt”.  Fireworks are illegal in a lot of states, and of those that do allow fireworks only a few have the good ones. You know the ones I speak of, the ones that go BOOM!!  I’m sure you can come up with many other products that have been made illegal that you may have enjoyed but some retard somewhere got hurt with it so it’s gone for everybody.
Except the cigarettes! Oh you hear how many millions of people it kills, how much money it cost the government in medical bills, (if the government wouldn’t give so much money to the poor, poor, pitiful poor, they wouldn’t have money enough for cigarettes)!!! Do you ever hear anyone, ANYONE say they should be taken off the shelves. Hell NO!! Why?? TAXES!!!
It is perfectly acceptable in the minds of the Politician’s to allow you and I a smoke and get all kinds of terrible aliments as long as they can make a buck off it.
So if it’s costing the government so much money, why is it allowed? The dirty little secret is they make far more off the taxes on cigarettes than the cigarette smokers cost the government in medical costs. After all, we smokers have the good manners to die once we get sick, saving the government billions in social security payments.  People with bad backs cost the government more than smokers. Those dogs, most of which aren’t really hurt, don’t die - they just keep holding out their hands for more free money from us hard working smokers. Wait, if I say more about this the government will outlaw working hard because it leads to bad backs!
Funny they promote the gay life style, which has killed how many millions of people with Aids and HIV? Including people who were not aware that their partners had it. How many people caught lung cancer from someone they didn’t know smoked?Kind of hard to hide it, one would have to be blind deaf and have no sense of smell or taste.
This is the same group of people that have recalls on toys because of any number of reasons: small parts, paint chips, sharp edges etc… Look generations of kids grew up fine with these toys; Ok the dumb kids may have had problems. That’s natural selection; this is what keeps the gene pool strong. That’s one of the biggest problems this country has. We protect the stupid and allow those weak genes to be passed from one generation to the next. But I digress.
Could you see the up rise if the government started to tax toys? So they can’t tax so they make the toys they don’t like illegal. But cigarettes, they tax the dog stuff out them. It doesn’t matter how many people die as long as there is money to be made from it. So stop telling me how bad it is. If it’s that bad, make it illegal or shut up! I want to smoke in restaurants again! In libraries, even in hospitals. Yes hospitals!!!  When is the last time you looked around at a hospital?  All the smokers huddled up, outside are nurses and doctors. Your damn right they are! So how bad are they? Who else do you see smoking all the time? Teachers are well known for their smoking, and they educate our kid’s right, wrong but that’s a different rant.
So if the people we as a civilization consider to be among the wisest among us are smoking how bad could it be? It could kill you, ok, so can driving to the health club.
I smoke for the safety of the people around me; if I didn’t light up every once in awhile I would fear for their safety and well being. So be considerate, of others and puff away!!

Fight back
TCY
      So, as for no smoking in hospitals, good! Shame, shame on those doctors and nurses who have to deal with people's illness' from smoking and then go out back to light one up.  Since politicians are the biggest hypocrites, why not the doctors and nurses also?  I know it's your body, you can do what you like, but I don't want to have to breathe in your nasty smoke or even smell your nasty self.  I hate at work when a fella comes in from smoking a carton, and his hand or face in 6 inches from me, it takes all my self control to not tell him to get the fuck out of my face you nasty smelly ash tray!  As for everyone I work with, well i figure that if they have to listen to my music, then i can deal with their stench.
     As for teachers, honestly, if I had to deal with 20 hormone filled teenagers for 8 hours a day and I am not allowed to beat them, I might have to sneak out back for a smoke, but not of the tobacco type.  
     Yes, TCY has an extremely great point about why the government still allows cigarettes if they cause so much harm.  Money, Money and Mo' Money.  But even if pig's grew wings and started flying around, and cigarettes were illegal, how many of those addicted government officials will be sneaking them in the men's bathroom at midnight? Getting their supply by knowing a secret combination of foot maneuvers in the last stall on the far end of the restroom.  Prostitution is illegal, yet senators and congressmen are fornicating like it's going out of style, while their wives are at home smoking!  Cigarettes are a legal drug, they are not going anywhere to my dismay, but at least I know smokers are suffering and have to go outside to light up after eating their nice juicy steak or having a nice cold beer in a bar.

    And yes, TCY have a cigarette or two or three to keep calm before he caused physical bodily harm to a coworker might be necessary, but as long as I work there, I will fight it until one of us wins. 

3 comments:

Iceman Ogre said...

I also wish they would raise the price of cigarettes so people would have to stop smoking due to insufficient funds, but having several people in my household that do smoke, i hope that doens't happen any time soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to know that freedom only applies when it doesn't conflict with your humble opions.
Freedom is just that "freedom to do as you please as long as it doesn't take away anyone else's freedoms. So smoking, toking,farting and putting on disgusting smelling cheap perfume are all part of freedoms that not everyone likes or takes part in but if we start saying because I don't like or agree with something then it should not be done, how long before someone decides that they don't like something you enjoy.

Anonymous said...

One more thought before I go. No one has addressed why is not illegal if it's so bad?
If you only fight for freedom when it effects you then one day your freedoms will be attacked and you'll lock around and you'll be alone. That's how freedom is taken one piece at a time starting with the things that most of society reject to begin with then slowly they will take it all from you.
Fight for every mans freedoms and every man will fight for yours.

TCY.