Monday, January 24, 2011

Who wants an invasion?

When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny - Thomas Jefferson


    I got an email from TCY the other day.  It was about hunting but not really.  This short email impressed me so much, and made me proud to be part of this country in a strange sort of way that I just had to post it. 

Intriguing numbers…and to think there are gun owners that do not hunt as well…

WORLD'S LARGEST ARMY

  
America's hunters.
This blogger adds up all the hunters in just a handful of states, and comes to a striking conclusion:
The state of Wisconsin has gone an entire deer-hunting season without someone getting killed!   That's great!  There were over 600,000 hunters.  Allow me to restate that number.  Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the world, has more men under arms than Iran; more than France and Germany combined were deployed to the woods of a single American state to help keep the deer menace in check. 
But that pales in comparison to the 750,000 who are in the woods of Pennsylvania a few weeks ago.  Michigan's 700,000 hunters have now returned home.  Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia, and it is literally the case that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.
His point?  America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that kind of home-grown firepower.  Hunting is not just a way to fill the freezer.  It's a matter of national security.

"You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."
 - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto (Japanese Navy)

NOW YOU KNOW WHAT THE SECOND AMENDMENT IS ALL ABOUT!

        I used to be worried that China might have a power trip one day and decide to invade, but after reading this, I don't think so.  Just a few of the people I work with have enough guns to put up a good defense and they are pretty normal guys.  I know there are crazies out there with an entire arsenal.  Ever watch that movie Tremors? That couple that had the fucking arsenal in their basement.  They are really out there!!!   That quote above from Isoroku Yamamoto is so damn true. 
     On New Year's Eve, I had the opportunity to meet a few of my neighbors that I didn't know so well and found out a few interesting things about my neighbors. 
  1. It seems almost everyone in my subdivision has at least 1 gun in their house, some more than 1.  So, if we ever get invaded, and they make it to my neck of the woods, I'm not worried.
  2. Whiskey is the choice drink in my subdivision
  3. Everyone loves Pulp Fiction!

6 comments:

Pearow said...

Wow a positive posting about gun owners. You mean the millions of gun owners in this country aren't out raping, robing, and pillaging. Like the lib media wants every one to believe. Huh whodathunk... I did a test once that pretty much summed just how safe guns are. I took a loaded firearm and left it sitting on a table top for about a month, and guess what? NOTHING happened. The gun never fired. So I had to come to the conclusion that guns don't kill, stupid people do.

Iceman Ogre said...

I have to agree, Guns don't kill people, Stupid people do. BUT, aren't most people who get shot, outside of gang related drive-by shootings, cause by people goofing off with guns? I think that people should respect guns just like they do with cars. Hell, anyone can get behind a wheel and run over a crossing guard and 10 kids. So, people should respect their guns. Anyone who has kids in the house, even teenagers should have their gun or guns locked so that the kids don't have access to them. I wouldn't leave a gun lying on my dresser just like I wouldn't leave the keys in my car and let my son go for a joy ride because he thinks it fun.

The Outlaw said...

I keep unlocked and loade firearms in my home and sometimes on my person.(Want to see it? Act like a dumbass and I will gladly show it to you.) I have never had a problem with my guns acting on there own acord. Nor have I had a problem with unauthorizes users. It's all about self control and EDUCATION. If you educate everyone in the home and don't try to hide them from the kids then they won't get curious and go looking for them(trouble).


The Outlaw

Iceman Ogre said...

You say you havne't had a problem with your guns yet, but how old are your children? Do they have hair on their balls? Wait until their hormones are raging, and one of your own twinkle in daddy's eye tries to impress one of his friends and it accidently goes off. The bullet goes through your drywall into the garage and hits your Harley, err I mean Victory. Educating people is very important but everyone and let me repeat, EVERYONE DOES STUPID THINGS at least once in their life. If you disagree, then you are just all around stupid.

GRIZ NGT MC said...

Hey Iceman,Outlaws kids are very young, however I have a 17 year old son,13 yr old and 8 yr old stepsons as well,,,,3 loaded guns in the home ready to fire and not 1 single accident has happened,education and discipline are the key factors,, teach kids that stupidity is not an option and is highly consequential and the problem is cured

Pearow said...

I would like to add more but everyone else has pretty much stated what I would have said. Oh hell I have to give another 2 cents.. As far as kids go I'm a nun, DON'T want nun, aint gonna have nun. When friends bring their kids over I don't hide my guns. If they have an issue about my guns and their kids being together in the same house, then don't bring your brats to my house. I don't want to smell, or see them anyway.