Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Delusions of Grandeur

Let's start with TCY first.
The holidays are upon us again and a lot of you will be driving long distances to be with loved ones. I recently had a long drive with the split-tail she-beast (my wife) and this thought came to me.  You have heard it said by me before that I believe that God has a great sense of humor.  The split-tail she-beast gave me more proof of this. God has apparently given each and every human being the desire to sing.  However... He only gave a very few the ability!!  Are you following me so far?
In fact if you thought about it, out of all the professional singers out there, how many do you listen to regularly?  Most people would say honestly they have about 12 singers that they truly could listen to everyday.  So why then my tone-deaf friends do you insist on singing in a car when other people are present?  Note, nobody enjoys hearing someone, or anyone else singing in a damn car when there is no escape.  I have tried to turn up the radio and the she-beast gets louder. Then it dawned on me, the louder the music the less she could hear herself.  So I turned the music down until it got her attention. She said "turn the music back up I can't hear it." I explained that I wanted her to hear what I did. I went on to share with her my fear that someone in a passing car would hear her deathly bellows and call the police thinking that I must surely be doing some serious bodily injury to her.
People, you can't sing. If you could, someone would be paying you to do so. Al-Qaeda should have such a weapon in their arsenal as your deafening screeches to music. If you find that you must sing in public, try a Karaoke bar. There you will find others of your species that believe fully that they too can sing and sing well. People, News Flash. If they suck, you suck too!
     The big difference is that in a Karaoke bar there is the possibility to leave. That and the fact that half the people their are singing and the other half are there to laugh at those, who are, for lack of a better word, are singing.  There are rare exceptions to this. Every once in a while you go to a bar and really hear someone who can belt out the vocals. I of course am one of these exceptions. I score very highly on guitar hero vocals and I can really get the people to stand up and take to the floor in the bars. Unfortunately it's because they can throw better from the floor then from the tables.
Have a great Thanksgiving, and STOP SINGING IN THE DAMN CAR!!!!!!

Fight Back
-TCY
I think this is TCY when Vocaling on GH - Nice Hair!
     I think sometimes TCY just has to suck it up!  I think singing in the car is a good outlet, a good place to vent and just sing loud and proud.  Yes, TCY was stuck in the car with his significant other, so maybe he has the right to vent.  I personally feel a great sense of release while driving to work to sing loud a little Mudvayne or Godsmack to get the necessary release to prevent myself from exploding at work.
     And just because you can score high on GH in vocals doesn't mean you can sing good outside the video game world TCY.  Just because I can play Hard level on GH doesn't mean I can rock out with MEGADETH on my Ibanez(that would be AWESOME!) I also have to agree with TCY, I can throw much better standing than sitting at the table.


Hey, TCY, is this your version of good karaoke?

2 comments:

Pearow said...

I'll have you know I took chorus for three years way back in Jr high. And I still can't carry a tune in a five gallon bucket with two handles. But I don't try where others can see or hear me. So when I am belting out a song I like as loud and as bad as I want in my car don't look over at me. Or you could even roll up your window. Cause believe you me you don't want to hear or see that. Here's an idea next time she wants to sing in the car let her get a song or two out and say now its my turn. Turn the volume off lift one cheek and let the biggest nastiest fart go. Then as nice as you can tell her that will be the encore for all of her songs.

Anonymous said...

NO this is not good kareoke. But it is funny as hell. I could enjoy a beer and watch that, ONCE!