Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thank you, Come again.

    
     I have noticed a slight problem with this country.  Yes, there are many problems, some GINORMOUS and some not so big.  This one problem in particular just pisses me off to no end.  I hate, repeat, I HATE when a company outsources their labor to other countries, specifically customer service.  How is a person who's second language is English help me with my problem if we have a hard enough time understanding each other. 
     First off, taking these jobs and giving them to other countries while we have millions and millions of unemployed people in our country just makes me want to go find a copy of the Anarchist Cookbook and pick up where the Uni bomber left off.  Maybe our high and mighty President could get something going where if they don't outsource their labor and keep it in our country they can get a credit or some sort of tax break?  Unless, that is already in effect, and if that is the case, to all those companies that still outsource...SUCK MY ASS!!!
     Second, if a company does outsource, they should have a prerequisite...SPEAK FUCKING ENGLISH!!!  It drives me crazy when I call and get someone who barely makes out any words in English and then cannot understand the question I am asking.  Thank God for customer service instant messaging.  This is the greatest invention since the computer!  Many companies now, are just a click away if you need assistance and you don't even have to speak directly to them.  Just type your question!!! No more deciphering their broken English and thick accents!!!  Too bad I couldn't deal with my boss that way.
     I know it costs a company more money to stay in this country.  I know labor from other countries is cheaper but maybe it is time to start looking for Quality and not FUCKING QUANTITY!!!  It may cost more but maybe the CEO of the company can due with only making 22 million this year instead of his normal 28 million?  The only companies that outsource are the big ones.  Those big companies, like T-Mobile, Verizon, Sony, blah blah blah,  make enough money where they can keep it in the states.  Now, the smaller companies, they keep it here because, well they have too.  They can't afford to go overseas and set up shop.  So they work on the things that don't cost money: customer service skills, caring, quality.  The problem is that big companies swallow up little companies.  The smaller companies may have the better service and quality but the big companies will under price so much, the little guys have no choice but to call it quits.  So, my advice is: FUCK THE BIG GUYS!!!  Support local business and fuck the giants!  I'm not saying boycott Wal-Mart.  I know I would love to tell Wal-Mart to suck it, but the truth is, I cannot afford it. That is what everything comes down to...money, money and more mother fucking money.  Let's just erase the debt and start over.  Who's with me?  Ever see Fight Club? If you erase all the debt, then we can start over with a clean slate.

2 comments:

Pearow said...

Lets get to the nitty gritty here. Americans have been told they are better than everyone else, which we are, but if you dont want to do a job at a certain price then dont yell and scream at those that do. I have had many jobs most of which I dont want to do again, BUT if it came down to it and needed to pay for something your damn well right I would be doing those jobs to pay for whatever it was. Aint noone givng our jobs away, WERE TO DAMN PROUD TO DO IT FOR LESS. Right wrong or indifferent!!

Iceman Ogre said...

Good point Pearow. The one thing that bothers me and makes me think is if we, as Americans, were the only ones here to do the less than glamorous jobs, would they still be paid the same shitty wages? Are those jobs low paying because illegals/ are willing to do it for less? If it was just Americans, would the rate still be that low?
But I do agree, I think part of the problem is We, as Americans are too Fucking Proud to do those jobs for less. It is a mixture of us, them and everyone else!